A Sports Medicine Clinic is now being offered for students in the Student Health Service each Tuesday afternoon from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm. Physicians from the Sports Medicine Unit at the Wake Forest University School of Medicine will be evaluating students with sports related injuries and illnesses such as bone, joint, or muscle injuries or pain including:
- Joint sprains
- Muscle strains
- Possible fractures
- Joint or muscle pain (acute or chronic)
- Orthopedic surgery follow-up
- Rehabilitation following surgery or injury
- Other injuries
- Medical problems related to exercise or athletics including:
- Head and neck injuries and concussions
- Menstrual irregularities
- Sports nutrition problems
- Cardiac problems including tachycardia, palpitations, and chest pain
- Exercise prescription
There will be a charge for these visits billed through Wake Forest University Physicians at the Wake Forest University School of Medicine. These charges may be partially covered by insurance. There may be additional charges for supplies, medications, physical therapy, or X-rays.
Students wishing to be seen in this clinic should schedule an appointment by calling 336.758.5218 and requesting an evaluation in the Sports Medicine Clinic. If you have questions concerning this clinic, any of the staff at the Student Health Service will be happy to assist you.