Asymptomatic Testing FAQ
For details and answers to frequently asked questions about the asymptomatic testing process at Wake Forest, visit this page on Our Way Forward.
Specific questions about testing of undergraduate and graduate students can be answered in several ways:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- An online form
- University Call Center: (336) 758-7500 (typically staffed M-F from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Eastern)
Please refrain from contacting Student Health Service about testing policy or processes so that medical staff remain available to address personal health issues.
How to View Your Test Results
Once your result is available, you will need to log into the BioReference portal to view your results, following these steps:
- Go to go.wfu.edu/testresults and select PATIENT PORTAL.
- Click the CREATE AN ACCOUNT button and complete the registration process. You must use your WFU email address.
- If you need assistance accessing the portal, email email@example.com.
- If your test result is positive, you will receive a phone call from a Wake Forest staff member, typically within 48 hours of your test. Note: if your posted test result is positive, please follow the guidance at go.wfu.edu/isolate while you wait to hear from a staff member.
We anticipate the average wait time should be 48-72 hours until your results are posted. It could take longer depending on the demand across the country/availability of lab processing.