Daily Self-Screening Tool
Before coming to campus
Before coming to one of the Wake Forest University campuses, you need to confirm that you do not have symptoms of COVID-19.
Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), individuals with COVID-19 have reported a wide range of symptoms. The symptoms range from mild to severe symptoms, which may appear two to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Thank you for keeping close tabs on your health by taking this daily self-screening.
Questions to ask yourself daily
- Have you recently been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Do you have a fever of 100.4°F or above?
- Do you have a new cough?
- Do you have a new breathing difficulty?
- Do you have a new sore throat?
- Do you have new muscle aches or body aches?
- Are you experiencing vomiting or diarrhea?
- Are you experiencing a new loss of taste or smell?
If you answered NO to ALL of the above questions
- Based on your responses, please continue to daily self-monitor, practice social distancing, wear a mask in public, and practice good hand hygiene. If you develop symptoms, request an appointment with Student Health Service at firstname.lastname@example.org (or by calling 336.758.5218) or call your healthcare provider.
- Based on your responses, please continue to daily self-monitor, practice social distancing, wear a mask in public, and practice good hand hygiene. If you develop symptoms, contact the Faculty and Staff Clinic at 743.223.4217 for guidance, or contact your healthcare provider.
If you answered YES to ANY of the above questions
- Based on your self-reported symptoms, you should contact the Student Health Service or your personal healthcare provider for further evaluation.
- Contact Student Health Service at 336.758.5218 or e-mail email@example.com (replies will be sent during clinic hours) or request an appointment through your Student Health Portal.
- IMPORTANT: Refer to Student Health clinic hours before calling. A nurse is always available after hours to assist with your healthcare concern. Please note that outside of clinic hours, the nurse cannot assist with appointment scheduling, test results, billing questions, or any other administrative questions. Calling this line after hours is for guidance related to current medical concerns only.
- Based on your self-reported symptoms, you should contact your healthcare provider or the Faculty and Staff Clinic at 743.223.4217 for further evaluation. Please help keep our community healthy by contacting a provider as soon as possible.