If you have traveled to a place with community spread of COVID-19 (see CDC COVID-19 Travel Information) within the last 14 days, the CDC recommends that you practice social distancing and monitor for symptoms of the coronavirus. For details see Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – After Travel Precautions.
If you have traveled to one of these countries in the past 14 days or if you have had direct contact with someone suspected of having COVID-19 and feel sick with fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath:
- Seek medical care right away. Before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms. The phone number of the Student Health Service is 336-758-5218
- Avoid contact with others.
- Don’t travel while sick except to seek medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to avoid spreading the virus to others. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available.