No Appointment Necessary – Just come on in after hours for free, confidential testing by the Forsyth County Health Department
If you would rather make an appointment during clinic hours:
1. Testing and counseling regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s) can be obtained at the Student Health Service. If you have concerns about the possibility of an STD, call for a confidential appointment (336.758.5218) to discuss your concerns with a staff members (MD, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, or Nurses). The following list summarizes services available and costs.
2. Counseling and information – no charge.
3. Tests for sexually transmissible diseases (herpes, trichomonas, hepatitis B, syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, condyloma, HIV, nongonococcal urethritis, etc.) are available for men and women. The cost depends on specific test(s) and services needed, ranging from $10.00 – $70.00. Medications are available at a charge. There is no office visit charge. See the tables below:
4. Testing (in clinic): Prices as of January 17, 2014. Prices adjust due to reimbursement and we reserve the right to change without notice. Please ask your provider if you have any questions.
Papanicolaou’s (PAP) test (Thin Prep) – $32.00
Gonorrhea Test (DNA Probe) – $25.00
Chlamydia Test (DNA Probe) – $25.00
Microscopic test for yeast and trichomonas – $15.00
HIV Test – $25.00
Syphilis Test (RPR) – $15.00
Herpes Culture – $30.00
5. Antibiotics (approximate cost at Student Health Pharmacy): Prices as of January 17, 2014. Prices adjust due to reimbursement and we reserve the right to change without notice. Please ask your provider if you have any questions.
Doxycycline 100 mg twice for 7 days a day for chlamydia – $50.60
Zithromax 1 gram (4 – 250 mg tablets at once) for chlamydia – $15.00
Cephtriaxone 250 mg injection (once) for gonorrhea – $20.00
Valtrex 500 mg twice a day for 3 days for herpes (recurrent) – $16.00
Acyclovir 200 mg 5 times a day for 5 days for herpes (recurrent) – $15.00
Diflucan 150 mg once for yeast infection – $12.50
Metronidazole 500 mg twice a day for 7 days for trichomonas
6. For more information on STD’s go to The American Social Health Foundation